Saturday, January 9, 2016

Wrestle Kingdom 10 and NJPW Talent Raid

For any hardcore wrestling fan this week has been a wild rollercoaster of emotions with WrestleKingdom 10 and the HUGE possible signing of 4 big NJPW stars to WWE . So let's start with NJPW's WrestleKingdom 10. 

Now honestly, I can't find the right words to describe how this event went. So to put it short and sweet im just gonna say NOW THAT!! THAT RIGHT THERE IS WHY I AM A WRESTLING FAN!! It's been so long since I have felt so satisfied with a full wrestling show, I swear every match felt magical to me, even the ones I didn't care much about at first ended up surpassing my expectations. Im not a big NJPW mark, it was only last year that I started paying attention to them in fact. But this show was just incredible, especially the last Top 3 Matches. At this point I was extremely tired but the matches just woke me up. The hard hiting match for the Never Openweight Championship between Ishii and Shibata was beautifully violent to the point that I started to get concerned for the wrestlers, the legendary match of Styles vs Nakamura was my favorite match of the night and the Main Event of Okada vs Tanahashi had incredible in ring story telling that surpassed my expactations.  All in all it was a 9.5/10 show for me. And the preshow... the preshow with Doraemon was simply a legendary moment that changed my life forever...I feel reborn...nothing will ever be the same again to me...

Now let's talk about the NJPW talent raid.

I call it that because it kinda feels like a raid. This week it was reported that WWE is gonna sign AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows and Shinsuke Nakamura. In one hand this could be the greatest thing any hardcore wrestling fan has ever seen. In the other hand this is a horrible nightmare. As a wrestling fan im personally worried, I mean you have the hottest faction in profesional wrestling today with the Bullet Club and the King of Strong Style. These aren't just any 4 jobbers. And with the current aweful WWE product I have no faith what-so-ever in the WWE. And I personally hate watching the WWE monopoly grow like this, I mean this is good for WWE, but is it good for wrestling? Well that aside, let's talk about these 4 wrestlers, let's start with Aj Styles. All 4 guys are well known by the hardcore wrestling fans, but if there is one guy the casual audience may recognize it's probably Aj Styles because of his years in TNA. Now TNA may now just be a shadow of what they where, but at one point they made it to 2.2 million viewers. So at least a good amount of casual fans should know who Aj is. Not all of them, but a good amount none the less. Aj may just have the best chance of succes of the 4 because of that. Although he is a "phenomenal" wrestler, he isn't the most charismatic, he is decent at best on the mic and he is already 38 years old, so these factors could limit him. Now for Anderson and Gallows their problem will be WWE's weak tag team division, both these guys are solid wrestlers with some charisma, but they aren't on the level of Aj or Nakamura. So there's always the chance that WWE won't do much with them, I will say it would be awesome to see these two destroy the New Day for the Tag Titles. And finally we have Shinsuke Nakamura...I am deeply concerned with him the most...Nakamura is simply incredible, he is easily the most charismatic of the 4. But that language barrier could really hurt him, I have heard that he speaks english, but will that be enough? WWE is horrible with japanese wrestlers and the idea of Shinsuke being renamed Suzuki Mitsubishi The King of Kong Fu Dancing is terrifying and more possible than we would like to believe. Honestly I have been dissapointed by WWE over and over again to the point where I have absolutely no faith in them. The biggest obstacle these 4 have is the WWE's mediocre creative team and booking. But if WWE is really serious about these guys then the best way to go would naturally be for them to debut as a stable. Add in Finn Balor and you have WWE's version of the Bullet Club. These guys can't just randomly debut in the Royal Rumble either, they should win their first match and being tossed out of the rumble wouldn't be that great. They need a big important debut. (Destroying Lesnar on their debut maybe?) Now I think I have made this post long enough as it is so im gonna end it here. If by some chance a WWE guy happens to read this then I just want to tell you DON'T FUCK THIS UP WWE!!! With all the injuries and the lack of stars now is the time to start something big so let us all hope that WWE doesn't mess this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment